Main menu


New Books [LastPost]

Industrial Power Systems by Shoaib Khan

 Industrial Power Systems by Shoaib Khan

Contents of Industrial Power Systems by Shoaib Khan

Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 System Planning
Chapter 3 Power System Studies
Chapter 4 System Neutral Grounding
Chapter 5 Power Transformers and Reactors
Chapter 6 Instrument Transformers
Chapter 7 Switchgear, Circuit Breakers, and Motor Control Center
Chapter 8 Station Battery
Chapter 9 Application and Protection of Medium-Voltage Motors
Chapter 10 Power and Control Cables 
Chapter 11 Protection 
Chapter 12 High-Voltage Substation Design Considerations
Chapter 13 Substation Grounding Design Considerations
Chapter 14 Electrical Aspects of Power Generation
Chapter 15 Application of Capacitors
Chapter 16 Impact of Nonlinear Loads on Power System and Equipment

Preface of Industrial Power Systems by Shoaib Khan

Based on the author’s 40 years of hands-on experience in many industries, Industrial Power Systems provides the practicing engineer with modern, wide-ranging, and practical information, from the planning and design of electrical supply to electrical installations for industrial power systems. Using materials from IEEE courses developed for practicing engineers (under the banner of the IEEE Montreal Section), this comprehensive book provides a wealth of practical experience in a readable tone. 

The book illustrates the importance of power systems, which is sometimes overlooked in practice. A power system is very much like a culture, varying from one type of industry to another in the same manner as traditions vary from one ethnic group to another. Each industry tries to maintain its own traditional practices which were evolved just after World War II. Those practices were influenced by economic constraints, process needs, technology available at that time, and fast growth. Some
industries still try to maintain the same traditions when it comes to their power system but keep modernizing in the areas of controls and communications. 

The main reason for the present situation is a lack of awareness for a reliable system on the part of power engineers and senior managers. The power system is still treated as a service only and not considered as an essential element to maintain product quality and continuity of operations. Also, the plant power distribution system generally represents a relatively small portion of the entire plant cost (5% to 10%), yet the production and output of the other 90% to 95% of plant investment is dependent on the service delivered by that investment in the power distribution system. The investment will return a profit only if electric power is continuously available in the quantities and of the quality desired.

This book covers the salient engineering features and design procedures, including power system studies, grounding, instrument transformers, medium-voltage meters, and many more topics. Chapters are easy to use and sufficiently detailed to address plant design engineering problems. An exhaustive list of standards and technical papers is also provided for further study. Long overdue, Industrial Power Systems is a must-have for anyone involved in power engineering, including students, instructors, engineers, and senior management involved in the design and maintenance of power distribution systems.

Download Free Books Industrial Power Systems by Shoaib Khan In Pdf Format

Download This Book For Free In PDF Format



table of contents title